Monday, July 5, 2010

China Girl

We have been getting excited about our upcoming trip to North Carolina. It's a five year reunion celebration that will include the ten families we were in China with. All nine other families received little miracle girls that day just like us. We have been talking a lot about the trip and telling Chloe about the other little girls she will get to see. Telling her their names, showing her their pictures. It's an exciting time.

We tell her often of how we went to China to bring her home. How God had her all picked out for us. How He wanted her to live with us and be our little girl. I think she thinks this is the only way it is. She will talk often of getting her a little girl from China when she gets "big." She doesn't really know the concept of conception yet. She just thinks mamas and daddys go "get" babies.

Today we went to Wal-Mart. After being inside the store for a few minutes she tells me she thinks she just saw a little girl from China. I said, "really?" I didn't see a little girl from China. After a few more minutes we run into a Hispanic family. She tells me, "there is another girl from China!" I explained to her that some girls look like they are from China but actually they are from Mexico.

She was so cute. She then told me, "Well, when I get big and I'm a mama, I'm going to get me two gurrls from China and one boy from Chakanooga!"

I know the questions are coming, questions that I have been already praying God will help me provide the answers to.
I love her so much. Her innocence is so precious.

1 comment:

Robin & Joe said...

Kim, I make it easy right now. I tell Natalie if she eats baby food she will get a baby in her belly. Because she asks how babies get in bellies. For now, that works. Hugs!