Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tybee

Tybee took her first vacation with us this weekend.  She loved going and being with us.  I noticed that she seemed extra tired, especially after getting home.  We became extra worried as she began standing around awkwardly not allowing any of us to get close.  Wednesday she became really sick.  I stayed up with her all night.  She was struggling to breath.  It was the most heartbreaking thing to witness.  Thursday morning she stopped breathing three or four times. I called the Vet and we made the gut wrenching decision  to not let her suffer and struggle for breath.  The Vet confirmed she had congestive heart failure.

My heart is broken.  The little dog Ben and I picked out 10 years ago is now gone.  I remember we couldn't get the perfect name for her at first.  After several days, I remember Ben saying to me, "I have the perfect name but I'm afraid to tell you because I know you'll love it and that will be the end of it."   He was right.  Tybee.  She was named after Tybee Island, the special place where Ben proposed to me.  I will never forget her.


Tybee Hansard
7-3-01    7-7-11

No comments: