Saturday, October 22, 2011

At my baby shower for Chloe back in 2005 I received the most beautiful baby bedding. I had picked it out from Pottery Barn Kids and my very generous mother in law bought it for us. I have loved it since day one. When she grew out of the baby bed I kept it because I just couldn't bear to get rid of it. It was where our sweet girl had laid her head. Well, recently I pulled it out of storage. My very resourceful and extremely talented mother dismantled, so to speak, the beautiful bumper pad and made it into a very special quilt. Now, it will go with her when she grows up. I am so thankful that now she will be able to have a quilt that both grandmothers had a part in. ♥


The bumper pad before, serving it's original purpose.



The beautiful masterpiece designed by my mother.  Something our girl will always have.


No comments: