Friday, August 20, 2010

"A" is for Airplane!

What an amazing day! Chloe's class will be studying each letter of the alphabet this year. Learning about "A" involved an exciting trip to Richard B Russell Airport. All twenty kindergartners flew in four seater airplanes over Rome.

Chloe was not the least bit nervous. She and her daddy went up with one of her classmate's father.


The kids waiting on the first group to take-off. Chloe is standing beside her "best friend" Porter.



While waiting on the first group to return, Mrs. Niedrach read the second group a very interesting book about airplanes.



Charlie Hotel and Bravo Hotel getting ready to fly!



Luckily the headphones matched the dress...





And...they're off!



It was during this time that I was doing a lot of praying...
I could almost hear each mother and daddy let out a little sigh of relief when each of their babies got back on the ground.
I think this will be something Chloe will remember for the rest of her life. What a way to start kindergarten!

I think I had just as much fun as Chloe. I got to go up in a two seater plane. You really get a different perspective when you see everything from the air. I've been in big jets numerous times before. Flew all the way around the world, as a matter of fact, to bring our precious girl home. I have even flown in a helicopter. But flying over your own home town at a very low altitude is quite the experience. I've never seen so many trees!






It was an absolutely fabulous day and way to learn about A!

"I have set the Lord always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved."
Psalm 16:8

No comments: