Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kindergarten

I prepared myself pretty good. Took the week off so I could spend absolutely every moment with our girl. After returning this past weekend from our adoption reunion I really wanted the days to go slow. I feel like I'm grasping every second only to have it slip out of my fingers.

This is it....Kindergarten....

The only school supplies we had to have was a backpack and umbrella.



Her daddy has vowed to make breakfast for her every morning and read a bible story. This first morning it was apples, a waffle and John Chapter 1.


Chloe and I have been in discussion all summer about the bus. She has insisted from the start that shes riding it! I told her we would follow the bus but she would have been just fine if we hadn't. Mrs. Niedrach rode the bus with the kindergartners this morning.


She greeted Chloe and helped her on the bus.



After she got onto the bus I climbed back into the car and yes, the tears started flowing. She never saw me cry. It seems like just yesterday I was changing her diaper. How did it go so fast?


Berry College Elementary and Middle School


Her daddy and I made a fast dash to beat the bus to the school so I could snap her picture getting off the bus.

She has found where her backpack goes and is going to meet some friends.








Ben and I went and had bagels and coffee with some of the other parents. We took a bus tour of campus. Then we left, went home and watched the clock until 3pm! We couldn't wait to go get her!

A friend suggested I write down everything she said when we picked her up.
The first thing she said when we picked her up was...
"Where'd y'all go?" She was concerned her daddy and I had done something fun without her.

When asked what her favorite thing was...
"played a game"

When asked about lunch...
"Guess what? We went out to lunch!" They walk everyday outside up to Hill Dining Center. She thinks she's going out to eat.

When asked if she made any friends...
"Virginia and Bailey"

Just randomly...
"I'm staying there until firsh grade!"

I'm thankful we made it through the first day. So very thankful Chloe has an earthly father who's number one desire is to teach her the Word. Praise Him for another milestone...

"The living, the living man, he shall praise You, As I do this day; The father shall make known Your truth to the children." Isaiah 38:19

No comments: