Sunday, September 5, 2010

Luke Chapter Five

Ben ~ "What did you learn at church today?"

Chloe ~"Well, we learned about Luke chapter five. An angel told this old man he was going to have a baby."

This conversation started as we were just about to get into our car. Ben told her, wait and let's get in then you can tell me. She said she wanted to tell him now. So she continued while climbing in. As she was jumping into the back seat she grabbed her bible and started looking for Luke. She found it, then found chapter five. Ben offered to help her because she said, "it's not supposed to start with so." He quickly discovered they had studied Luke 1:5.

As she continued, I felt the tears well up in my eyes. Ben and I looked at each other smiling and for the first time in my life I actually saw tears in his eyes too. He has told me in the past he teared up when they placed her in my arms, but I don't remember seeing it. I suppose I couldn't see the tears in his because of all the tears in mine. But it was evident today. And it was sweet.

To hear her talking about the Lord and seeing her enthusiastically searching in her bible for the passage and THEN FINDING IT is an indescribable feeling. Our morning worship had already been incredible. We had a beautiful experience participating in the Lord's supper. It was one of the most meaningful communions I've ever experienced. Beautiful!

"There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah. His wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless. But they had no child, because Elizabeth was barren, and they were both well advanced in years." Luke 1:5-7

"Then and angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing on the right side of the altar of incense. And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him. But the angel said to him, Do not be afraid, Zacharias for your prayer is heard; and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John." Luke 1:11-13


No comments: