Monday, September 24, 2012

I love the honesty of my girl.  

I was productive today.  I got up, took her to school, ran three miles.  

Came home, cleaned house.  Fall always makes me want to cook.  With my kitchen being remodeled it's been hard to feel like getting in there,  but I decided I was going to make bread today.  

After the bread machine was going, I realized I had forgotten the salt.  I thought to myself, this won't/can't make that much of a difference.  Boy, was I wrong.

It didn't rise like it should, didn't cook right.  Was doughy.  

My girl wanted some so I I told her I'd cut her a piece.  I took it to her and left to do something else.  When I checked back in on her later, she still hadn't eaten it.  She normally LOVES my homemade bread.  

I asked her "how is the bread?"
she replied: "I don't like it very much, it has no flavor.  It's actually terrible."

I couldn't help but laugh.  

Me: "I know, I forgot the salt and used unsalted butter."  
Her response: "well, did you remember the honey?"

It was so funny, we both chuckled.  I suppose we'll try to toast it.  

No comments: