Sunday, March 10, 2013

"Mama"

There are some days I am overwhelmed with God's goodness.  

Some days I look at her and can't believe I'm her "mama."

It happened yesterday as she was sitting across from me.

She had invited a friend over to play. 

I took them to the park then to lunch at Zaxby's.

As she was sitting across from me, she and her little friend, she took off her coat.

She reached across the table with coat in hand and said: "here, mama."

In that moment I had this overwhelming feeling of gratitude come over me. 

Just hearing "mama" come out of her mouth gave me this crazy sense of joy.

It was as if she was claiming me.  I am hers.  

After 7 1/2 years I still can't believe it. 

I grabbed her jacket and she never even knew my thoughts.  

I just smiled at her.  

God is good.  





No comments: