Monday, March 16, 2009

Ancient Paths for Modern Women

I'm so excited about the new bible study offered at my church. It's a small group of devout Christian Women. It's a four part study, each being 7 or 8 weeks. I actually didn't do the first two. I don't know why because after going last night, I realized what I've been missing. This third part is called ~Walking as Mothers and Homemakers. I'm anticipating what God is going to teach me. Chapter one is, Love Your Children, Doing all that I can do to ensure God's blessing in the lives of my children.

"the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things- that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers..." Titus 2:3-5

I know God has been preparing me for this. It's perfect how I can look back and see how God has lead me. As I've watched Chloe flourish at church, just over the past few months, it completely amazes me! She's turned into a little evangelist. She's asked her Nana, point blank, if she has Jesus in her heart. She's been asking whether or not every member of our family has Jesus in their heart. She's been so interested in heaven. Every time we get into our car, she says "turn it on Praise You in this storm". She sings it at the top of her lungs. Every time the song mentions heaven, she says, "Momma, that's where we're going".

From the moment we brought Chloe home, I have always thought, she was OUR responsibility. I didn't want to send her to daycare, I didn't want someone else to raise her. I want to raise her. Ben and I have been so blessed by two mother's who are willing and able to keep Chloe on the two days a week I do work. They will never know what it has meant to me. I'm not being judgemental about parents who send their children to daycare, because I think God calls us to different things. It's just my calling to raise my daughter.

"There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all."
1 Corinthians 12:4-6

No comments: