Monday, March 30, 2009

My heart melts...

Last night, Chloe had her big Cherub Choir performance. I rushed into the sanctuary after my bible study to find Ben had gotten us great seats up front. His parents were there too, so Chloe was excited to show off her singing talent. As the cherub's took their places on stage, she saw us almost instantly. She raised her hand, a big smile came across her face and she started waving like crazy. Of course, we were all waving back to let her know all of our eyes were on her.

Then, it happened, my heart started melting. I wanted to, once again, bottle this moment. She's at the age where she doesn't care who's watching, she's going to wave at her momma and daddy.

Ben and I talked about it when we got home. I asked him if his heart melted too. He said it did, then he started waving at me, hoping it would bring the same effect. (It didn't)...I love him to death! But it came no where close...

Then I started asking myself, Am I supposed to be so in love with this child? Is it right? The bible is clear, that I'm supposed to love God first, then Ben and our girls. I have to really keep myself in check sometimes. It's a hard thing to do.

"He who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me." Matthew 10:37

Last night in our bible study class, we studied Hannah. She must have been a woman of great strength. She wept and cried out to the Lord in anguish because she had no children. She made a vow to the Lord if he would give her a male child, that she would give him back. That's exactly what she did. You can read about it in 1 Samuel 1. She had prayed and prayed for her child, then after he was weaned she carried him up to the temple to offer him back to the Lord. Can you imagine? I can't...But it's what we are called to do.

Ben often says, be prepared, the Lord may have something big planned for Chloe. He might call her into the mission field to go back to China. Let me just say, this scares me to death when he says it. I don't even want to think about it! How would I ever have as much faith as Hannah?

Thankfully, I don't have to worry for a while! For now, we'll just stick with the Cherub Choir....



1 comment:

Hannah N. Hansard said...

Hey Kim! Just wanted to let u kno how great u r.I am so sorry if i have had an adittude with u.I am having mood swings! haha love u kimmy. c u when u get home! <3