Saturday, March 14, 2009

I want to marry daddy...

We had a wonderful meal last night. Ben's mother prepared his father a fabulous birthday dinner. I wonder when I'm going to be able to cook as good as my mother and mother in law. I'm just not quiet there yet. (I'm really not anywhere close)...

Anyway, on the way, in the car last night we got into a discussion about our girls one day marrying. It's a tough subject for Ben. Honestly, I know he wants them to one day marry Godly men. We pray daily for their future mates. It's weird sometimes praying for that, but we think it's very important. Of course, it would be fine if they waited until they are forty something before tying the knot! We are realist though, and know it will more than likely be much sooner than that. Chloe was really trying to understand this whole marriage thing. She said she wanted to marry her daddy. I told her, "your daddy is my husband, you'll have a different husband, but I'm sure your daddy would love to help you pick one out." (I thought of the movie "Fireproof" because the little girl in the story wanted to marry her daddy too.) Chloe seemed to be satisfied with that answer and said if she couldn't marry her daddy then she wants one just like him. It was a sweet moment. I pray they do find a Godly man like their daddy. He's such a great husband and father. He strives daily to be the man God wants him to be. He reads his bible daily and has strong convictions. He lives out his faith. I sometimes look around and realize how very blessed I am.

No comments: