Monday, March 2, 2009

It's my turn

I was sadly reminded tonight of what a mean cruel place the world can be. Ok, it might not be that bad, but my heart was broken for my little girl. There were two other girls in Chloe's gymnastics class tonight. It was working out just fine until they discovered there were two small bean bags to play with. Hmmm, two bean bags, three girls. It should have worked out perfectly, two could play with the bean bags while one girl took her turn practicing her cartwheel, or on the beam. When it was Chloe's turn, both little girls got to play with a bean bag. When Chloe's turn was over one of the other little girls was up. She should have handed the bean bag she was playing with to Chloe, however, she handed it to the other girl to "hold" while she did her turn. I was horrified watching from the bleachers seeing my little precious angel wanting to play with the bean bag, while the other girl playfully dangled it in front of her face. My heart started racing, I was getting so angry. This went on and on for the rest of the class. I've always taught Chloe how important it is to share. I didn't know what to do. After the class on the way home, Chloe and I talked about the incident. She said, "Momma, I want you to get on to that girl." I said, "Chloe, I won't always be around to defend you. Sometimes you'll have to stick up for yourself." "The important thing is that YOU shared. And I'm very proud of you for that!"
I wish all the world was rosey, especially for my little angel, but sadly, it won't always be...The world is a mean place sometimes...This makes me think of the verse,

"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4

1 comment:

Terri said...

I have gone through this with my girls. It's really hard when the ones being mean are "christian girls". That has been hard for them to understand.