Sunday, May 13, 2012

I think of her sometimes.  Especially today.  I wonder what she is like.  I wonder what she is doing.  I wonder if she has other children.  I wonder if she ever thinks of my girl. 

I want to tell her how much my girl is loved.
I want her to know how sweet my girl is, how smart she is.  
I want her to know how beautiful my girl is.   

I want her to know how funny my girl is, how she loves to play jokes and how she loves to play games.  
I want her to know how she loves fruit and grapes are her favorite and how she likes the edges cut off the bread.  

I want her to know how she's good at most everything she's tried.  She's a great dancer, but an excellent athlete.  
She's very strong.  
Now, when I hug her, I barely have to lean over she's gotten so tall.  
  

I want her to know sometimes my girl talks so fast her words run together.  A trait she seems to have picked up from her daddy.    
I want her to know how sensitive she is.  

I want her to know my girl's daddy reads the Bible to her every morning and I read it to her every night.  How, when I finish reading, I have to rub her back, arms and face before she can go to sleep.  


Sometimes, I wish I could meet her.  Other times not.  I'm insecure.   I would be too afraid.  What if my girl wanted her instead of me.  Silly fear some might say, but real nonetheless.  


I don't think on these things very often.  If I did, I'd go crazy.  

  I am thankful to have been part of God's plan for my girl.

She is a miracle to me.   
I love being her mama.   

So today, I'll just trust that she knows, the girl she gave birth to is thriving and is so loved and how very thankful I am to have her.  

Happy Mother's Day!  








No comments: