Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I've been reading a lot lately on good mothering.   I have been challenged and have vowed to make it a point to  do better.  I don't want to miss anything.

After arriving home from work tonight, I was enjoying a conversation with my husband when we heard a big crash in our baby's room.  I then heard a big sigh.

As I was walking through the hall heading to her room to find out what had happened, I heard  - "Mama, can you help me?"

We picked up what seemed like 1000 legos then she found a new gift from Christmas that had yet to be opened and asked me: "When you get done doing whatever it is you're going to do, can we do this?"  I answered with a very positive yes.

We laid in the floor making bracelets out of candy wrappers.  I had so much more to be doing around the house, but chose to be with her and focus on her and boy did I get rewarded.


She reached in her backpack for an early Mother's Day gift.
Words written on her hand-prints. 
It reads:
You love me.
Bake cookies and cupcakes and brawnis (brownies) and cakes.
Takes me plasis. (Takes me places)
 Cars about me. (Cares about me)
Rids to me. (Reads to me)

These are five things she loves about me. 

"Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children."
~ Charles Swindoll
  




No comments: