Saturday, February 19, 2011

Adopted

By the Grace of God I was adopted. I did not deserve it. I have nothing within me that is worthy of being called "son," yet He adopted me! Chloe, though born by an unknown mother, having been impregnated by an unknown father, left at a government building at one day old, taken to a ran down orphanage, cared for by an unknown nanny was adopted by God's chosen parents! God called us to adopt her. She is His, but raised by us. No longer does she possess the last name of "Fu," but now possesses the last name of Hansard. She is a Hansard! Kim and I will likely accomplish little in our lives, but we were faithful in this measure and we are abundantly blessed.  ~ Ben W. Hansard




"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." ~ James 1:27

No comments: