Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday's conversation on the ride home...

Chloe: "Mama, I wish I had wings and a wand that had real magic in it so I could fly."
Me: "Like Mrs. Niedrach?"
Then as she see birds flying overhead adds: "Awe, I really wish I could catch one of those birds.  They are so pretty."
5 second pause, then....
Chloe: "I really wish we could fly on that plane again and go back to China.  I miss China where all my friends are."
Me: "That was a very long airplane ride, but maybe daddy will take us back one day.  Who do you miss?"
Chloe: "All my friends."
Me: "Who? What are their names?"
Chloe: "Well, I don't remember because it was such a long time ago."

"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them."  ~Saint-ExupĂ©ry,The Little Prince

No comments: