Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Heaven

We had a great, in depth talk tonight on the way home from church. I can't even remember how the conversation got started. I would give anything to have had a recorder in the car so I could forever remember this converstation with my daughter. I was telling Chloe that Jesus lives inside of us. We ask him to come live inside of us and he does! She was listening intently and I could tell she was interested. I told her one day when she's old enough, she can ask Jesus into her heart too! I told her if you do, you will live in heaven for eternity. She got a little worried and started asking all kinds of questions. "Would Santa Clause be in heaven?", "Did Daddy ask Jesus into his heart?", "Will we take our van?", she was holding back tears to ask..."What if i forget my vest?"(her cubbie vest)...I realized, however selfish it may sound, that my number one priority on this earth is to see this sweet little innocent girl become a child of God. I love her so much! I explained the best I could to her about heaven and decided I need to study more myself about this wonderful place we will spend eternity.

1 comment:

Terri said...

That is sweet!! Randy Alcorn wrote an awesome book on Heaven. It's a thick book but worth the read. He uses scripture to back everything he says. He also has a Heaven book for kids!!