Saturday, February 7, 2009


This has been a really exciting week in our Household! Little Miss Chloe has earned the prestigious honor of owning a Cubbie Vest! Last week in AWANA's she was given the challenge to learn two bible verses in a week. We came home and she was eager to start that night! We worked on the two verses all week, they were "All have sinned." Romans 3:23 and "While we were sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8. I couldn't wait for Wednesday night to roll around to see if she would get her vest. Of course I knew she could do it, I just wasn't sure she would say the verses to her teachers. We practiced on the way to church that night and I knew she knew them.

I would give anything to bottle the moment of picking her up that night from Cubbie's class....As I was coming down the hall, I could see her standing in the doorway proudly wearing that cubbie vest! She was so proud of herself and of course I had, what I'm sure was, the biggest grin. We called everyone we knew on the phone that night on the way home! I've never seen her so excited! I hope God was smiling too, I'm sure He was....

No comments: