Sunday, March 14, 2010

Basketball

Chloe just finished a season of Upward Basketball. She had the most fun. She loved every single minute of it. Her daddy told her at the beginning of the season if she scored in a game he would present her with a crisp, new $10 bill. She was so excited. The games came and went and no score, that is until the very last game. :) The last game was played on the last "practice" night. We got out of the car and she said to me, "Who all is coming?" I said, I think it will be just me and you tonight. It's a week night. She seemed content with that answer, even though my heart broke just a little bit. I had not really played up the last game because it was a week night. I didn't even bring the camera or video camera. Second quarter, she has the ball right under the basket. The other team for some reason were really not playing defense, they didn't have their hands up or anything. Everyone was screaming for her to shoot it, me being the loudest. She shot and let me tell you, it was just like in the movies. I didn't hear a sound around me, I held my breath as my little tiny girl shot that ball. It actually hit the rim, then circled the rim. It seemed like 30 seconds went by, no sound, then it fell into the basket. She looked over at me with the biggest grin on her face. My eyes teared up. The moment will forever be etched in my mind, not because she EARNED her $10 but because of the pure joy and excitement on her face. She had actually scored. Not one family member there to see it, except me. I guess it will be something special for me to have with her. Just a moment that will exclusively be ours.

It's easy to see why Jesus loved children. The pure joy in her face that night, after scoring that basket was priceless. I'll never forget it....

Matthew 19:14

No comments: