Monday, March 29, 2010

Welcome Home

We really have the sweetest neighbors. They are a wonderful Christian retired couple who are very involved in all kinds of ministry. They returned yesterday from a 3 month trip. They go work for weeks, sometimes months, at a time. We were so glad to see them drive up in their driveway yesterday. We have missed them. Chloe loves chatting with them. She begged to go see them yesterday, but we had just returned home from church, I had errands to run and I knew they were probably tired from their trip, so I explained that we would most assuredly see them out in the yard tomorrow. After running a few errands this morning, we got home and she wanted to play outside. As I look out our back sliding glass doors I see her just beaming coming toward the door. She had picked a handful of beautiful purple flowers from our yard. I thought to myself, here she comes again with some flowers for me. As I opened the door, I didn't give her time to explain, I just said, "How sweet Chloe!" "I love them!". To which she explained, "they are for John and Bobeth". Well, of course, I said, "let me go get my camera!" It was such a sweet gesture, I suggested she make them a card to go along with the flowers. We placed a ribbon around the flowers and she wrote the card herself. I'm proud of her heart for others.

"My little children, let us not love in word or tongue, but in deed and in truth." 1 John 3:18
"The flowers appear on the earth; The time of singing has come, And the voice of the turtledove Is heard in our land." Song of Solomon 2:12

No comments: