Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Balloon Animals

It's amazing the things that Chloe loves. You could go spend a lot of money but it's usually the inexpensive things she really enjoys. Her Nana bought her a little pump with the balloons to make animals from the dollar store. One day several weeks ago Nana made all the balloons for her.

Chloe brought the "prize" home with her but could not do it herself. I gave it my best attempt but my fear of popping balloons proved to be too much. It's been sitting in her room for the last several weeks until tonight. As I'm on our computer she is beside me with the pump in hand. I could see out of the corner of my eye her determination. I was engaged in computer stuff but was aware of her beside me. All of a sudden she starts jumping up and down saying, "I did it! I did it!" She had looked at the instructions and made a dog balloon all by herself.

She was so patient and followed the instructions. A five year old! It's really surprising what you can accomplish by simply reading the instructions. A lot of times I don't have the patience for instructions. I think I can do it myself, I'm smart enough I tell myself.

Tonight, as Chloe succeeded at the balloons, it made me think of what all we could accomplish by simply reading "the instructions." When I say instructions, I'm talking about God's word. Imagine if we applied God's instructions to every single challenge~concern~obstacle in our lives?

It's something to consider...

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

No comments: