Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kaci~Under the Knife

My only niece, Kaci, had surgery today. It was a minor procedure, but major to us. I took the day off so Chloe and I could be there. We gathered in the waiting room before she went back, trying to make "small talk" so she wouldn't be nervous. It was finally her turn so she and her mother went back to get her ready. The rest of us sat patiently out in the waiting room. After, what seemed like a long time, I asked someone if we could see her before she actually went down to the O.R. After a quick trip down to her "holding" room, the girl returned and said, yes, we could all go back.

We went down to her room and there she lay on her hospital bed. She looked calm and collected. Her IV was already in place. We, again, made some small talk and we were asked by her nurse if we wanted to say a prayer. Of course, I spoke up immediately and said, "Yes, we'd love to!"

I'm a firm believer in prayer. I'm not the greatest public pray-er, but jumped at the chance to pray on this occasion. It was an absolute horribly put prayer! I think at the end I said, "Thank you" instead of "Amen". A sure sign I had a few nerves myself. After finishing the terrible, but HEARD prayer, we all opened our eyes and Kaci was crying. It was awful! The first thing she said was, "I'm scared". We all reassured her and quickly made an exit.

Walking back to the waiting room, I was reminded how thankful I am for "Divine" articulations.

"Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God." Romans 8:26-27

After an hour and a half of waiting, it was finally over. Chloe couldn't wait to get back to see her. She even cried a few tears because she didn't understand why we couldn't go back and see her during the surgery.

I'm thankful the surgery on Kaci is over and she is OK...
I'm thankful the surgery was deemed a "Success" by the surgeon...
and thankful for "Divine" articulations.

No comments: