Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bruster's

After a long rainy day at home Ben was needing to give an estimate. He asked Chloe if she wanted to go and told her they would stop by Brusters on the way home if she went with him. Well, you know, Bruster's is special to me. It's the place that Ben took me to discuss the idea of Chloe. Through tears of pure joy we made it official that June evening in 2004 sitting on the Bruster's bench that God wanted us to adopt. So, knowing they were going to Bruster's I spoke up that I was going too!

After giving the estimate we arrive at Bruster's, Chloe chooses the "Dirt Sundae". It's vanilla ice cream complete with gummy worms and dirt(crushed oreo) on top.

She waits until we get home to eat hers. She informs me "I will sit at the table if you will stay in here with me."

For a brief second, I thought of all the things I'd rather be doing than sitting at the dining room table watching her eat ice cream. But the sweetness on her face and in her voice quickly changed my mind. She wanted me to stay in there with her. I don't know if it was fear of being in there alone or she just wanted company. Either way, it didn't matter, I stayed. I sat there and just watched her eat ice cream.

I'm glad I stayed...

No comments: